Below is another gem from The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing
13 Tax-Reducing Ideas for Tax-Savvy Investors
1. Use tax-advantaged accounts (401(k), 403(b), IRA, etc.).
2. Use taxable accounts for short-term goals.
3. Use index or tax-managed funds in taxable accounts.
4. Keep turnover low.
5. Use only tax-efficient funds in taxable accounts.
6. Avoid short-term gains.
7. Buy fund shares after the distribution date.
8. Sell fund shares before the distribution date.
9. Sell profitable shares after the New Year.
10. Harvest tax losses.
11. Place funds for maximum after-tax return.
12. Consider municipal bond funds and U.S. Savings Bonds.
13. Except for short-term goals, select taxable funds that will be held long-term.